Perfect North Slopes is committed to bringing you the best environment to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing this 2020/21 winter season. We are excited and optimistic about the winter ahead, and like all winters, there will be new challenges to overcome together. As colder temperatures approach, Perfect North Slopes’ response to COVID-19 will be ever-changing as new information, new state-mandated rules, and new guidelines become available.
Perfect North Slopes wants our loyal skiers, snowboarders, and snow tubers plus future guests to know that we are making changes in our procedures to best promote social distancing where possible and to create an environment with fewer touchpoints to get you on the snow faster! Perfect North Slopes is also gathering equipment and tools to best allow for a smooth experience getting back on snow both for avid skiers and riders, and first-time visitors.
We are actively, almost daily, working on what Perfect North Slopes will look like and how we operate in a pandemic. We are taking our cues and have a voice in the conversation with leadership from the National Ski Areas Association, but also are closely following CDC guidelines as well as guidance from state and local health departments. Our first priority is to minimize the risk of onsite activities relative to the spread of COVID-19 while maximizing the guest experience in a way that continues to promote a lifelong passion for our sport. A few specifics:
1) We expect to abide by the current CDC guidelines at the time, likely requiring staff and guests to wear face coverings that align with CDC recommendations whenever physical distancing cannot be achieved. This includes both indoor and outdoor spaces, except when eating or drinking.
2) We are refining plans to increase physical distancing in areas like ticket queues, food, and beverage spaces, and lift lines.
3) We are doubling our efforts on our cleaning / sanitizing / disinfecting strategies including installing commercial UV filters to our existing HVAC air handlers to better filter and purify the air and investing in electrostatic sprayers for use throughout our indoor spaces.
4) Guests will not be required to sit next to another guest on a chairlift, unless they have voluntarily chosen to do so themselves.
5) Perfect North Slopes will reduce the number of group reservations available for the 2020/2021 season
6) To proactively manage capacity and crowds, we are no longer able to include Snow Tubing with all Lift Tickets. Snow Tubing tickets will only be sold for a 2-hour limit. If you have a Lift Ticket valid for skiing/snowboarding, you can add 2 hours of Snow Tubing for $10. All season passes do still include Snow Tubing. If a passholder would like to use their pass to snow tube, please take your pass to the Tubing Ticket Windows to obtain a 2-hour Tubing Ticket.
We understand that you are concerned and so are we, Perfect North Slopes will update our COVID-19 strategies and plans as we get closer to the opening day for the 2020/2021 season! The next benchmarks for refining our plans and changes are November 1, and Opening Day (hopefully close to December 1!!). As we cross those dates, we will communicate more details on the specifics.
Season Pass Assurance:
Perfect North Slopes understands the concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic and is prepared to react as necessary. If we are unable to ski/ride for the 20/21 winter season, all passes will be rolled into the 21/22 winter season.
For all passes/cards unused visits/validations are considered forfeited. Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We do not mail passes, but they will be available for pick up at Perfect North Slopes starting October 19th. If a parent wants to pick up a pass for a minor (under 18) we must have a current photo on file first. The person (parent) picking up the pass must also be able (legally) to sign the waiver. Minors may pick up their own season pass as long as a signed waiver is presented or signed electronically by a parent/guardian.
Although every precaution is taken to ensure accuracy, errors, or misunderstandings in price, quantity, and/or specifications may occur. We reserve the right to correct such errors.