TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST DAY
If you plan ahead, a day on the slopes skiing/snowboarding can be one of the most memorable experiences of your winter!
- We strongly recommend taking a lesson in order to get started out right and to have a good time on the snow! Click here for information on our lessons.
- Learn to ski and snowboard in control, and obey “Your Responsibility Code”. Click here for safety information and to familiarize yourself with “Your Responsibility Code”.
- Pick up a free trail map from the lodge and stay on terrain that is in your comfort zone.
- Be aware of the snow conditions and how they can change throughout the day (e.g. As conditions turn firm or icy, skiing/snowboarding gets harder and faster.) Begin each run slowly, so you can assess the conditions. Check out our daily Snow Report for information on conditions.
- If you’re tired, stop skiing/snowboarding and take a break. Injuries usually result from fatigue, so be aware of your body and rest when needed. While resting, be sure to have a healthy snack to re-energize!
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your day on the slopes. As with any physical activity, hydration is vital!
- Skiing/snowboarding requires a mental and physical presence, so do not use drugs or alcohol while participating.
- When you’re not using your skis/snowboard, take advantage of our Free Ski/Board Check located on the lower deck outside the Rental Shop.
- Use our lockers (located throughout the facilities) to secure your personal items.
- Most of all, have fun!
What to Wear:
In order to have a fun first day on the slopes, wearing weather appropriate clothing and gear is imperative.
- Properly fitted ski/snowboard helmet – Helmets are included with rental equipment package
- Waterproof gloves or mittens – Mittens are warmest
- Goggles or sunglasses – Goggles are recommended on cold, snowy or rainy days
- Water resistant winter coat and snow pants
- Wear warm layers that you can add or shed depending on the outside temperature – Cotton garments are not recommended for base layers, as they retain moisture
- Warm, long, dry, winter socks – Do not wear two pairs of socks
- Lip Balm
If you are in need of anything on this list, stop by the Loft Shop (located upstairs in the East Lodge) so you can be ready to stay warm and dry on the slopes! Click here for information on our Loft Shop.
What to Bring:
- Snacks, fruit, energy bars, and other food to stay energized. Water bottle for hydration (a water fountain is located in the Main Lodge for refills). Coolers and outside food are permitted at Perfect North; however, we also have food and beverages in our Chow Corral, located in the Main Lodge. Click here for our menu and pricing.
- Wallet, debit or credit card, Google or Apple Pay-enabled device
- Extra Clothes and shoes to change into when you’re done
- Equipment (if you are not renting) – Skis, poles, and ski boots or a snowboard and snowboard boots, along with a properly fitting helmet.
Where to go Upon Arrival:
Step 1 – Buy Your Lift Ticket
We recommend pre-purchasing your Lift Ticket online before you arrive. Once you arrive, visit the kiosks outside the West Lodge to redeem your QR code in confirmation e-mail. Scan the code to receive the RFID card then place card (alone) in your left jacket sleeve or pocket and ski or ride right to the access gates at the bottoms of each lift. The gates will recognize your card, open, and you can ski or ride on through to load the lift and have a great day on the snow!
If you do not pre-purchase your ticket online, you can purchase a Lift Ticket at our inside Information Windows located in the West Lodge. If you have never been skiing or riding before, ask about the First Time Lessons which can be purchased inside the West Lodge at the Snow Sports School Desk. This 50-minute group lesson is great for first time skiers/riders and is available for ages 4 and older.
Step 2 – Pick-Up Rental Equipment
The Rental Shop is located on the lower level of our lodge. Once inside, fill out your rental form completely. Then, pick out boots: ski boots are in the front, snowboard boots are in the back of the Rental Shop. Lockers are available to rent throughout the facilities.
Once you have your boots, head over to the ski or snowboard pick-up. You will be asked questions such as height, weight, and ability. This lets the technicians adjust the equipment to fit you.
If you are skiing and want poles, pick those up on the way out and you are ready to go!